Kaster's Chat and Chew

"We talk a lot, we eat a lot, we even drink and belch a lot....we're a crazy pair, yah, we're cousins" (-theme song to The Patty Duke Show_....Ok, that isn't how the song goes but then again, we have never marched to the beat of the same drummer. Anyway, here are some of our latest or favorite dishes. Eat up!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Macaroni and Cheese

Today I made home-made macaroni and cheese for my daughter.  I do not know why I do not make it more often, it is really simple to make.  I do have to say today's batch was the best I have ever made.  I really do not have a recipe.  I just cook the macaroni and cube the Velveeta.  I put some of the Velveeta and Half and Half into a cassarole dish, put the macaroni over the top of the cheese and put more of the cheese on top of the macaroni.  I then stir until it is all melted, add salt and pepper, top with shredded cheese and bread crumbs and bake until done. 

I have been experimenting with adding different cheeses to my macaroni and today I added a Mexican cheese blend with Pepper Jack.  It really added just the right amount of kick.  Velveeta is good but so bland

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home