Kaster's Chat and Chew

"We talk a lot, we eat a lot, we even drink and belch a lot....we're a crazy pair, yah, we're cousins" (-theme song to The Patty Duke Show_....Ok, that isn't how the song goes but then again, we have never marched to the beat of the same drummer. Anyway, here are some of our latest or favorite dishes. Eat up!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Grandma Evelyns Lumpy Mashed Taters....

I was talking to Cindy the other day and we started discussing silly stuff. Some how, Grandma Kaster's lumpy mashed potatos came up. We were laughing, especially when we said we missed them and Cindy admitted to making lumpy taters sometimes just to remind her of Grandma. I You know, I go out of my way to make my mashed potatoes as smooth and creamy as I can....BUT, when I miss a little lump and discover it in my mouth, I think of Grandma, her 8 kids and tons of Grandchildren. No wonder she had lumpy taters, who had time to mash with a bunch of crazy offspring running around.

2 Comments:

At Friday, August 12, 2005 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I think that the picture was a very nice touch.

 
At Friday, August 12, 2005 1:11:00 PM, Blogger Netter said...

I'm all about nice touches....lol, no actually I thought it would be nice to have a picture of her...and most of my pictures are of her sleeping. I love this picture anyway, its the last one of them together before Grandpa passed away that Nov.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home