Kaster's Chat and Chew

"We talk a lot, we eat a lot, we even drink and belch a lot....we're a crazy pair, yah, we're cousins" (-theme song to The Patty Duke Show_....Ok, that isn't how the song goes but then again, we have never marched to the beat of the same drummer. Anyway, here are some of our latest or favorite dishes. Eat up!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Grandma Kaster's Refrigerator Pickles

Grandma Kaster popped into my head out of the blue today. I'm not sure what made me think of her, but I have a friend that says when that happens they are near, checking up on you. (Thank goodness I never think of them when I'm getting lucky...I'd probably become a nun, even though I'm not Catholic...lol.) Anyway,I suddenly got a craving for her fridge pickles. Try some.

Refrigerator Pickles

2 C. Sugar
1 C. Vinegar- (or more)
1 Tbsp. canning salt
1 tsp. mustard seed
1 tsp. celery seed
1 C. onions -sliced thin
7 C. pickles -sliced 1/8"- 1/4 " thick

Let sit for 4-5 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home