Kaster's Chat and Chew

"We talk a lot, we eat a lot, we even drink and belch a lot....we're a crazy pair, yah, we're cousins" (-theme song to The Patty Duke Show_....Ok, that isn't how the song goes but then again, we have never marched to the beat of the same drummer. Anyway, here are some of our latest or favorite dishes. Eat up!

Friday, June 09, 2006

That'sa gooda meata balla!

OK, people, prepare yourself for a great dish. I made it for Sam and he proclaimed it a keeper. I have to admit, the are as good cold as they are hot out of the oven. We have to thank my friend Sue over at Good Yarns for this recipe. Best of all, its easy. Super easy, my favorite kind of recipe!

Since my friend posted this recipe, I'll share it with everyone:

Meatballs:
1 lb hamburger
1 c oatmeal
salt & pepper
chopped onion
2 eggs

Mix all together, then form into meatballs.

Sauce:
1 can tomato soup
1 c brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp worchestershire sauce
3 tblsp vinegar
1 tblsp mustard

Mix well, drizzle over meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

I served them with rice and french cut green beans. This is a simple but good meal that will please even the self-proclaimed fussy eaters. Enjoy!

2 Comments:

At Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:15:00 PM, Blogger Chelie said...

omg that looks soooo good. the first thing i ever made that wasnt a cake or cookies was meatballs. they were good. I am soooo going to try this recipe along with the omelette one.

I'm a picky eater, but i keep looking on here for all the recipes. you should make a recipe book with all these recipes! lol

 
At Saturday, November 11, 2006 5:55:00 PM, Blogger Tami said...

Mmmmm. Finally got a chance to try these tonight. I had to use crackers instead of oatmeal. (Forgot to get it at the store and wasn't going back.) They were sooooo good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home